DPN and AVPreserve have developed a "digital preservation workflow curriculum to share with DPN members and others in the digital preservation community". This workshop curriculum, released with a Creative Commons license, will provide participants with skills and knowledge to implement and manage a digital preservation program within their organization. They ask that the terms of the CC-BY-SA license be observed.
The workshop modules show the requirements of a digital preservation ecosystem from the viewpoints of governance / program management, as well as asset management. This is not an introduction to digital preservation or the OAIS model; instead it looks at the 'why' and 'how' questions of "making digital preservation an underlying, operational function of an organization". The curriculum, which is available here in a zip file, consists of:
- Module 1: Programmatic Digital Preservation (PowerPoint)
- Module 2: Selection (PowerPoint)
- Module 3: Preparing for Submission (PowerPoint)
- Module 4: Submission & Ingest (PowerPoint)
- Module 5: Post Submission (PowerPoint)
- Module 6: Sustainability (PowerPoint)